“Live at SJS” is a club that consists of students in 7th and 8th grade. Students have a key role in designing and running the newscast. The students produce 5-10 minute newscasts five days a week. Building community and promoting 21st Century skills are important features of the club.
Students will be involved in doing ALL of the following items:
• Write daily scripts for the newscast
• Create a PowerPoint to go with the script
• Work in the newsroom at 7:30 AM on their assigned week
• Help videotape or take photographs of the activities that happen at the school
• Interview students about events going on at the school